Sunday, May 22, 2016

5/22/2016 20 miles

This is really so true.  It you do something easy your going to get half ass results.  If you train hard you get better results.

Yesterday I ended up adding on another 8 miles to the 12 mile hard ride we did, so all in all I did 20 miles.   And no I did not go break neck speed I rode around 12 to 13 miles an hour.   I (told) my self to day would be a break day and tried to make it a break day.  But it didn't work, ended get back on the bike and doing the 12 mile loop.   My legs own me.

Why the loop?  Well for one thing no flats, and that saves a lot of money.  When we were riding on the roads, it was flats left and right.  But I do have plans to go out back to some of our favorite riding spots.

The Cycling Paradox:  For some strange reason kids, adults and dog who are walking in front of you and who do not see you coming for what ever reason seem to automatically move in the direction closer to your bike.  I have no idea why?   No matter what their is a gravitational pull.    It's like my bike and their bodies are magnetized.   Yelling out on your left is basically useless.   No matter how polite I am, I get the finger and rude glares.   Even going slowly still scares the crap out of some people.  And don't get me started on headphones.  I'm thinking about getting a air horn and blasting it off from a distance. The way I figure is no matter what I'm going to scare them and I'm going to get glared and cussed at.

No comments:

Post a Comment