Wednesday, October 5, 2016

71.31 miles 10/5/2016 WHAT WAS I THINKING

This is me thinking what the Bleep am I doing, but let me add I was fine at 50, starting to go insane at 60 as you can see and completely out of my mind at 70.   Why today 71.31 miles?  I really don't know why and to top it off it was hell of windy to day gust from 8 to 9 miles an hour.   I started off riding around 13 to 14 miles and hour and said to my self I'm not going to ride fast and I didn't.  When I got up to Horse Shoe Lake the first time the wind was brutal and it seemed to be coming at all directions.  I didn't do any hill climbing.

When I have talk to people and read book about people dropping like flies at 60, yeah I really understand why.  When I got to 50 my butt was on fire,  no I didn't eat any hot peppers.  My butt was so so sore then  when I got to 60 something weird happened by butt died.   At 50 my legs were fine, when I got past the 60 mark they started to wig out. Above I'm sitting on the bench and I can still feel my legs peddling, very odd feeling.   Oh yeah and I got dropped left and right, by other cyclist. They must have been thinking, look at that fat chick on a bike can't even manage 13 miles an hour.  Holy shit I was going slow toward the end 8 to 10 miles an hour.   On the brighter side the wind had died so that make peddling easier.  
I went from 1 mile to Horse shoe lake back and forth 7 times.  And no I didn't do it all at once, I did take a hour break at 30 miles and ate something.   I don't really what to kill my self, although by the look on my face I was looking crazed.











2 comments:

  1. I found your blog. I have one too but this summer didn't write on it as much as I should of. I'll have to make up for it now. Lol!

    I haven't done 70 miles yet. The most I've done is 30. At 30 miles I still feel good but I need to push myself now. I bike 25 miles every other day on the Bay Trail that goes around the San Francisco Bay. I live in San Mateo so on that side of the bay.

    The cool thing is the Bay Trail is pretty flat with graded bridges but the damn wind! I must say I'm very strong biking in the wind now but I'd rather not. Wind is the enemy it sure drains me fast.

    I lost 54 pounds last year and have kept it off-it feels great! Good job losing I saw your profile! Visit my blog if you get time: https://bikewithbekkie.wordpress.com/

    Keep the wind at your back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That great that you lost 54 pound. :) Good job too. It's a lot of hard work, with and the pay off is wonderful. My down fall was loving to home cook every thing. Oh the food!!! The calories. :O My hubby are not on diets, we do food modification, this is our own thing. My cooking blog stuff should pop up now and then on your wall, so you can see what we eat.
    Any miles are good miles. And the wind...he he. And you riding on the coast so wow you must ride in the wind a lot. I tend to think of the wind as a higher setting on the bike. Pushing is good, but also knowing when to rest is good too. The area's we ride mostly flat with steep areas dabbled in here and their. I going to sound weird, but I really do enjoy a good steep ride up hill. And the little hill I practise doing reps on is perfect. I can truly say if I had not done that practicing I would have bonked on 60 miles. Going up hill is kind of like riding into the wind. Find a very easy up hill grade and practice going up it one or two time every week or how every you feel, it really helps. We like going to Paradise CA, on the back Honey run road. The total trip is 13 miles and the grade starts is 5.44 miles. Starting elevation is 364ft Maximum Elevation is 1684ft and the Gain is 1227ft. It's a great ride.

    Have a great ride. ;)

    ReplyDelete