Wednesday, December 21, 2016

25.83 miles (Airen 1) 12/21/2016

It is really funny, but some of my best rides start out with my brain telling me other wise.   I get out their and my noodle will be saying ah ok this will be fine, ok ok you don't have to go that far.  But when I ignore the preprogrammed ramblings in my head and push on like today. The end of the ride is really rewarding an my body and legs feel amazing.  No 25.83 miles is not exactly wow, but I was on the verge of calling it quits, but I said no, my legs don't hurt and it was only my subconscious that is telling me to stop and that not a good enough reason.   When it come down to it, it really is about mind over matter.  I remember a couple of rides back feeling really awful at the beginning of the ride and then after about 6 to 8 miles feeling like I could climb up Everest Backwards on my bike. Well maybe not that extreme.  Don't get me wrong I have been out their and if after that I really don't feel the love, I do have the smarts to call it quits.   Riding while feeling really crappy is no fun.  So being a smart rider is being a wise, in stead of ill informed rider who makes them self sicker. 

As for being informed I took my bike to the bike shop that assembled the bike and got it tweek for the better.  They raised the handle bars, the bike seat, and find tuned the gears a little.  I also learned the real reason for my toes going numb. The peddle is to small for my feet.  So in a couple of days I'm going to replace my peddles for wider ones.  And they are also going to be moved further out, because my back heals plow into the back of the bike.  I have been riding pigeon toed.   I want to figure this all out so I don't hurt my self.    I also order a new bike speedometer, so I can keep better track of everything.    

Oh yeah about going fast, Holy shit. I am the wind hear me roar!!!!!!   Bwhahaaaaaa!   No not really, but I just like the way it sounds.  
I was not planning to go break neck speed, but my competitive side got the better of me.    A man in a grey full body cycling suit was right beside me and he had a road bike too and well I could not resist.   We did a back and forth of passing each other and then I was like ok let's up the anti.  Climbing hills comes in handy and I left him behind.  Or may be he let me go ahead I really don't know.  But the curious thing was when we got to the end of the trail when it open up into a parking area.  He did follow me around back to the other side, but going up hill he did not pass me until I swollowed a bug.  Yuck!  Then he passed me while I was hacking and cough my brains out.    What ever the out come I love going fast, but it's more fun to race.  And I'm not ignorant, their are people out their that can use me as a rag for their bike.     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment