Saturday, April 2, 2016

APRIL 2nd. 2016 22.23 miles *

 22.23 miles down a old route to the airport.   Great weather, I really hope it stays like this, but it won't :(

Found a new little path to take to avoid traffic.  The less were on the main roads the less flats we get and the more money we save, so that a good thing.  All of our flats have been on main roads.   
Saw a Jack Rabbit, but the highlight of the ride was seeing a pair of American Bitterns fly over up.  YES!   Awesome.    Not a colorful bird but a very beautiful bird that I have had the chance of meet up close and personal.

Here is an American Bittern in flight, they are very distinct in their look when they fly. Short neck and large wings.   








Now I really don't know what kind of bittern I encountered, but I do remember looking right in their big yellow eyes.   Long story short.  Me sneeking up on Coots in grass, like below.  Me turn my head and looking into a big huge yellow eye. The Bittern's eye was not just close, but put it this way I could have, if I wanted to grabbed the bird with my hands.  I really don't know who was scared more, me or it.  I screamed, It did what ever it did and we both departed quickly.


      The only crazy (human) we saw to day was a guy comeing toward us down the wrong side of the road and acting like we were on the wrong side.  (rolling eyes) Really.    So other wise just a lazy day ride.                                

No comments:

Post a Comment