Friday, April 8, 2016

OUT WHERE THE FAUCETS DON'T RUN*

My hubby talked me out of a bike ride today, and he's right.  I should let my mouth heal one more day,  a lot of our paths we take are quite bumpy and all that jarring might make my mouth sore, so he's right and beside the painkiller is wearing off.   So here I am random blogging. 

Just being on a bike can and will make you 99.9% happier than you were, it's called a Cycling High.  And like this poster says it's really true. You can't not be sad while riding a bike. We have been cycling for a full three years now and yeah you have the poker face riders that pass you buy, but serious riders do that to conserve energy and build discipline and focus. But for the most part it's smiles all the way.  Chris and I have learned over time that cycling is a secret club once you do it, people on bikes are a lot more friendlier to you.   We have been help out so many times by complete strangers.  And they really do bend over backwards to help you, asking for nothing in return.    We had a flat tire on Honey run one time and were walking 3 1/2 miles out of the valley and a couple stopped us and freely helped us change the tire.  That was a life saver.   But now we know what to do, Chris changes flats and I taught my self how to true the wheels and fix the brakes.  We never leave any tools or tubes behind, because once were out where the faucets don't run, that's it, were on our own. 

In the beginning we really thrashed our bike really bad with our weight.  Between Chris and I we were bending the back rim all the time and that would screw up the brakes, so we would have to take off the brakes.  It was a real hassle and a tad on the expensive side, but we kept fixing and riding.   And with our weight we were getting flats right and left.  As of now, our reduced weight has fixed that problem.  :)    We no longer have that many glitches.  Saving money is good. 

The best time to ride your bike is from 7:00am in the morning to 11:00.   Why? Well because in the morning it is cooler, and the UV rays are at their weakest, and it's the best time to get your natural dose of vitamin D.   And being out side in the fresh air in the morning does wonders for you mental health.  After 12:00 is not so good, because the UV rays are stronger and were sun tan lotion and cycling is a pain in the tookis.   Riding with sun tan lotion turns you into a human fly paper, everything sticks to you.  And when you sweat, it runs down into your eyes and make you feel really yucky.

Ahh yeah and the bugs.  Who needs cliff bars when you have bugs.  The faster you ride the more protein you get.  I was riding one time and kept feeling this stinging pain on my chest and itching it, but not really doing anything else, until it was a stinging jab, unzipped my shirt and low and behold it was a wasp, I quickly flicked it out.   I had bugs fly up my nose, hit my teeth, I've choked on them I even had a butterfly hit me between the eyes.  From 7 to 13 miles an hour no bugs to worry about.  From 14 to 20 I need to put a napkin under my chin.    Catching a big fly in my mouth is not fun.
hmm new idea for a cliff bar flavor.   Nut & Bugs, but I don't think it would be a big sell.

So if you see any black spots on my teeth, it's not seeds from my cliff bar.

Toddles for now.  











No comments:

Post a Comment