Sunday, March 5, 2017

15 miles

I might not have rode through snow, but I got hit with hail, so yeah I was a hard core rider today.  WOW!    The day started off bright and sunny I was like yeah, got on the bike and away I went.  The first 4 miles were awesome, then the wind picked up and I was no longer awesome.  It must have been in the range of 20 mph and in large gust, because my bike was being whipped around a bit, and I was like no I'm not going fast, in fact I was going pretty slow.    But the sky was still bright and you could see the rain off in the distance too far away to hit me.   WRONG!     10 miles into the ride the temperature dropped really fast and it was a cold light wet rain, thankfully not that hard, so I did not get soaked, then next up on the plate I got pelted with hail, ouch, it didn't stick too long, but between the rain and hail, it was so cold.  I was like I'm going home this was too much. Now for the kicker I ride out of the park and it's bright and sunny and warm and there is no wind. (.......)   I really didn't want to back around the wind had really zapped my energy and just thinking of getting hit with hail again was enough.   So instead of riding home I when home another direction in the the bright and sunny weather and made it a even 15 miles.   I'm just so glad it was not a down pour.  

The last ride in the rain almost destroyed my speedometer.  Luckily it dried out and didn't harm it.  But one more time and it would have been flooded.

So far no luck on finding people to ride with :( .    The only club that the Velo has is a all Mountain Biking women club.?      That's not going to help me.  I have a feeling that me riding in this event is going to be out their on my own.   And I'm getting mixed messages.  In event riding it states it's a taboo to go fast unless your in a race. But on the Velo Flat flower 60 map it states fast flat and fun you choose.   So I guess I'll have to ask, because the last thing I want to do is piss off people with my inexperience.  Heck my cycling jersey is a Black Cat, they will definitely remember me.   LOL   "Their the lady who made us crash...Get her."!    Me.  AHHHHHH!



No comments:

Post a Comment