Sunday, June 12, 2016

18.23 & 29.23 Miles 6/12/2016





Some of the cool metal bike art work we pass on our rides.  This is the intersection that leads to  Keefer Road loop, but we did not go that way today.
 We made our way in a big loop from.
Horse Shoe Lake to the intersection of Cohasset, then back down the bike path to the Esplanade, cut across Mangrove then cut thought the Bidwell park.  




 

 This is the bike path that lead you all the way to down town Chico.  If I were to look back from this picture the metal bike art is right behind me.

Hubby headed home.   He felt that he did enough.  He did a total of 18.02 miles.  I on the other hand was feeling really good, so I kept on going.  

When cycling you really have to listen to your body and let it tell you what it want you to do.  I been in middle of rides and as soon as I feel something is not right I will go home, and Chris will do more riding.  With four years of riding, we now understand what our limits are.  And like my coffee binge, the food you eat the previous day really affect you the next day.   That being said Chris is listening to the advice given by the
The BIG Book of Training we have.  
I ended up riding 29.23 miles further, but after my last rest stop at Upper Park, I was like ok, time to head home.  I was tired.  

29.23 miles, 1503 calories and 2 hours & 15 minutes.

It's hard to believe that at one time going 2 1/2 mile to upper park and 2 1/2 miles home was so exhausting, it was a huge deal.




This is one of the book we got kind of after the fact.  But there is so much good advice in there.  Great Book to start off with.  Chris and I have always eaten healthy and very simple and I think that also played a key in losing the weight.     Coffee???   What Coffee?? Who me?    Yeah Coffee is my down fall, but I've been drinking ice coffee.












This is our new book we got and it is helping us train for doing 100 miles.   It's packed for every thing under the sun.  
Going 100 miles is not easy, it's extremely and mentally exhausting.    All I've heard so far is that 60 miles is the dead zone, were people drop like flies. I don't want to drop, I want to keep on going.    Once you get pass 60 you'll make it to 100.  

I'm so happy that were back up to were we should be.  We just have to keep pushing.   Tomorrow is our break day.   No riding, maybe a hour walk, but that it.












No comments:

Post a Comment