Sunday, June 26, 2016

SIZZLING TO DURHAM AND BACK 16 miles

The heat is zapping our energy. 

6/23/2016 & 6/24/2016 we took a break.   It's been really really hot and even getting up in the morning isn't working.   Heat waves suck! Their I said it.   

Did a ride out to Durham on 6/25/2016 in the morning and it was the worst ride ever, even thought I did have a good meal the night before.   I was not feeling the love, but what I was feeling was just fatigue. Chris was in get it over mode.  When the weather gets funky he gets more focused on the task at hand, so of course he was zipping ahead of me.   What should have been a easy 16 miles turn into very hard ride.   And when you stop, you suddenly realize how hot it is, because all of a sudden it's water works.  When your moving your sweat evaporates while your moving.    Yuck.  

 From our rest area in Durham, which is as a school park, their was a lot of activity.  Even though you can hardly see it, their is a swimming trials going on.  We could hear on your mark, get set, BANG.  A lot of commotion and fun. 


 Took time to take some flattering mug shots.  So we can keep track of our weight loss.  
I call it the zombie stance.   I know it totally does not look like it, but 5 more pounds and I'll be a size 10 (tall). 
I'm 247 now.













  Here is hubby doing the Zombie.
He got the surprise of his life. We walk in mall regularly and for kick and giggles we decided to go into Jc Pen-wahs.  (Jcpenney's)  and try on some pants to see if we had actually lost more weight. It had been a while and his pants were really lose.   Low and behold he is now a 38x30 in his pants size.  He use to be a 48x30.     Good Job.
He is now 234.


I don't know if were going to do a bike ride today either.?   I can't wait till this heat wave is over.   

No comments:

Post a Comment