Thursday, June 2, 2016

OUR 2ND TIME UP TO PARAIDE 6/2/2016 30.81

Update:  The New bridge support system is being build.  There digging into the rock.  

WE ROCKED TODAY!
My hubby was hard core, he stopped for breaks, but he can truly say he road all the way. WOW!   I took breaks too, but I had to walk up the really steep parts.
The first time we went up it took us 4  hours to reach the top.   This time it took us 1 1/2 hours.  We both were really surprised.
We woke up a 7:oo, had oat meal with bananas and milk and headed out the door. 
We both kept a speed or  13 to 14 miles an hour.  On the straightaways of course a little faster.   The up hill grade was brutal.  But it was very cool, shaded and so nice in the morning.  
Right behind hubby.

It was not until we got home that I realized why hubby was killing it.    My bike had a broken axle, as in broke in half.  So yeah I road all the way to Paradise and down Neal road with a broken axle and I survived to tell the tail.  
Our first break after a hour of riding.  Drinking water and eating a bite of our cliff bars.   Some kind of rodent came crashing thought the bushes toward us.   Was a little bit unnerving.   What ever it was it was loud and fast.  Maybe a large rodent.   
The Road ahead and this isn't the steep part.
Looking back down in the valley.
At the half way point with my best friend.   I don't think we look as ragged as when we did it the first time.
Some of the stuff you see on the road. 
Getting serious and focused. 
We made it. :)  Paradise California. 
The road were we came from.
Update:  The store behind us was burned in the Camp fire. :(

And now time to relax at Coffee's On. 

Up date: A Starbucks now stand here, it was untouched by the fire.
Yes it's coffee and Yes I'm drinking it.   Beside coffee taste better after 13 miles up hill.

Going back down Neil Dow Road.
On the road down some bug decided it did not like me and stated to sting me.   I stared screaming and stop the bike.   Don't know what it was?  But man that really hurt.   It's kind of hard to stop fast when your flying at 31 miles an hour.

Update. It was not a bug, it was the power lines.     
MILES
Max Speed.
Average Speed. 
Hours
Calories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment