Thursday, June 9, 2016

21.56 miles 6/9/2016 + 12 miles 6/8/2016

No we didn't go to Paradise again.
 I didn't take any pictures today so I posted the first time we when to Paradise.  Why?   Well in this picture we were so exhausted that we basically just put the bikes down and crashed on the spot.   And it reminds me of how far we have really come.   

Any-hoo  6/8/2016 (w   a   s)  some what of a flop we did 12 miles really slowly.   We ended up taking another 10 mile ride around 3 o'clock.  What a difference. It really felt good and made up for feeling so bleh.    It's so true, if we don't do something our whole day feels wrong.  It's the mind set.   And what is really amazing about mind set's,  is that even before you go on a ride. The first moment you start thinking of the riding, even if it's the night before, your body prepares it's self.   And if you don't do the anticipated ride, your body goes into a temper tantrum mode, and believe me when it does that you listen.    So all in all we ended up doing 12+10= 22 miles so it ended up being saved from being a flop day.


6/9/2106    Today was really good we did 21.56 miles, 1 hour and 49 minutes and we burned 1094.4 calories.    Their are ground squirrels all over the place and of course the common grey squirrels.   Both are cute.   But grey squirrels have death wishes, they tend to be the one's who run in front of the
bikes at the possible last minute.   So far they all have been lucky.



  Learned some thing I did not now about dogs in the park. Upper park, by Horse shoe lake is totally lease free.  I did not now this and know that I do, I will have to keep my eyes wider.   Because dogs they literally come out of no were.   Coming back down a side rode one time and pretty fast at the last possible moment a dog came crashing out of the brush along side the road and directly in front of my bike.  How ever even though I was on the road, I got chew out for almost creaming his dog? Well I would have gotten creamed to, it was a big dog.   If I had been a car driving about 15 miles an hour I would have hit the dog.    I respect people who truly have their dogs trained.

One time I was on a dyke and this lady was getting out of a car, we struck up small talk and she told me how well her dogs were trained.  She let the dogs out of the car and they both were gone chasing a jack rabbit.   I stood there watching her yelling angrily and calling the dogs back to the car.  And what amazed me I came back by the same area about a hour and a half later and she still did not have her dog under control.      So when some one says their dog is trained, it might not mean what they think it means.   

  I love pipe vine swallow tails, but I do not like hitting them, which I have done. :(   They seem to fly out of no were and hit me square in the face.










   And there is lot's of Swallow tails out and about too, these don't seem to fly as low as the pipe vines, so I have never hit one.




No comments:

Post a Comment