Thursday, September 1, 2016

MINI BONK! 11.57 miles/ 9 miles

Chris did 9 miles I did 11 miles.

I had a mini bonk, not a full blown bonk.  And what was horrible I was feeling so pumped on the first half of the ride, like I could take on the world.   Today was one of those days.  First of all we had an unexpected emergency lunch that was not planned for.  "Heck let have a sandwich " I said what could go wrong?   Note: Chris and I do eat bread every once and a while, but not as a staple.  So we ate our sandwich.   We also had a bit more food, before the ride.   Like I said before hubby swimming in home work so he decided to take off ahead of me because I was installing my new speedometer.  :)   He accidently take off with everything water and cliff bars.   I completely spacing, because my mind is on making my speedometer work with a friend who is helping me.  I take off all happy and ready to take on the world.  My speedometer is working great and I'm flying between 18 and 20 mph.  I get all the way to Horse Shoe Lake and I can feel it coming on and then the first thing my mind goes to Ahhh crap that stupid sandwich we had and then my second though Uhhggg Chris has the Cliff bars.   Noooooo!   So I put my tail between my leg and peddle home like I've just road 40 miles, my energy was going and going fast.     Usually I good for a hour before I need more energy, nope not this time.   And no I didn't Bonk as bad as the guy in the picture, thus mini bonk.    As soon as I got home, we both become ravenous salad beast.  Nom nom nom.   A salad with veggies and fruit does 10x more than a sandwich with all the fixings.  

On my way up their was a guy with roller blades of all things jumping up on the handrails going down some stairs.  WTF!   No helmet no shin guards nothing.   Crazy!  

Another day another ride.  Tomorrow will be better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment