Saturday, July 9, 2016

21.95 7/9/2016

 The weather in the morning has been nice really nice for bike riding.  It was a bit windy, but that fine.   S 15 mph  Gusts: 23 mph.    17 mph gust are good.  23 mph are pushing it for us.  
Here is the thing when your riding with the wind you all of a sudden become super cyclist, your invincible because your speeding along effortlessly.   Then you turn your bike around and ride back into the wind and your ego is hurt as you realize that the wind is no long at your back.  Whoop Whoop Whoop    
When Chris and I first road into the wind, it stopped us dead in our tracts, we had to walk  

bikes.   That is when going 2 1/2 miles was really the bomb.  

I love it.  We rounded a corner and a tiny tot was holding the lease of a small dog with the father and sister looking on.   With out the father saying a word he pulled the little dog out of the road and held onto the dog until we were gone.  So cute.  
Another totally crazy thing we saw were Giants on bikes.  I don't know how to say it other than that.  Chris is 6 feet 4 inches.  I'm  5 feet 9 inches.   I can not get on Chris Bike.   
The two guys that road by us had to be at least 6 feet 8 inches tall and their bike handle bars were level with my face.  Yes I stared and yes my mouth was open.  They both made Chris look tiny. But they were not heavy, they were both very lean, muscular and both wearing high end cycling jerseys.    

No turtles today or quail, heck we didn't see any animals today.  Weird.  But instead we got all of our minerals. How you might ask.  We were riding down the bike path and their was this guy with a leaf blower, blowing the crap out of a side
 parking lot, mind you he did see us.   Most of the time they stop to let people pass, nope not this time Chris and I got blasted with sticks, dirt and who knows what else.  I had to spit out a twig that got caught in my mouth and my eyes were filled with dust.  This is the only time I was glad that we didn't put on sun lotion.   Everything would have stuck to us. 

We passed a random pit bull wandering out by him self.   Kind of scary, but he seemed to be too tired, he was panting really hard, like he had been running.  So Whew...   We will run into a
dog that will chase us sooner or later.  That is not what I'm looking for to. 

Speaking of dogs their is a old lady with a tea cup chihuahua and the dog is old too.  She has a death wish for this dog I swear.  This dog is smaller than a squirrel.   She never ever has it on a leash and let is walk either too far behind her or too far ahead of her.    And here favorite places to take it are blind corners.  ARRRRGGGGHHH
When were coming home around a corner the last thing you need to have in your path is a dog that small.    We know to expect now, but in the beginning we almost creamed the dog twice.   

For tomorrow I'm going to have to turn the charm meter up on my hubby.   I want to practice my hill climbing, but not at the mini hill.    Neil Dow Rd is my aim.    

No comments:

Post a Comment