Friday, July 1, 2016

7/1/2026 8.27 miles.

Yeah it was hot to day, but not as hot as that one day.  We did 8.27 miles ride today.
Yeah it's fun to go far,  but doing smaller ride are good too, because it all adds up in the end.   And it's better to do something rather than nothing.

What is so cute it we have two very young squirrels who live right around the corner and now every time we do a bike ride there, their coming and going, like clock works with tails swishing around and run to and from trees.  So cute.   So when we come to that spot we slow down because they come out of nowhere and the last thing we want to do is flatten a squirrel.      

And I broke my bike seat.  It broke right as I pulled up to the front door, talk about luck.  Well at 247, I'm not going to be stupied, it happened. The last time I broke my bike seat was a year ago.   Hopefully will more weight loss I will graduate to not breaking my seat.     In the beginning it was awefull. We both were continually getting more flats, bending and breaking our spokes, and bending the wheels and not to mention the seat.  Now it's not that bad, we've actually gone 8 months with no flat tires, no bent rims or spokes.  That's really nice.   Chris is pretty close to his ideal weight,  25 more pounds lost and he's right at his goal weight.   I on the other hand still have a ways to go.

On the ride today we were talking about running vs cycling and in the heat when you run you don't create any type of air, because your moving too slowly.  Cycling you always have air movement and like I said before that help so much.   Their were people running in the park and Chris and I were cringing.  

As for my bike seat,  that is going to present a problem.   Looks like it's back to the stationary bike for a while.     






No comments:

Post a Comment