Thursday, July 28, 2016

TAKING IT EASY TILL THE HEATWAVE PASSES 8 miles


Decided to post a progress photo.

Ok well like I said I hate the stationary bike.   Chris did on ride and he came back looking really depressed.   We both looked at each other and decided nope.   It's been around 108. 109 to 110 and the UV index is 8, 9 and 10.  YIKES.  I do believe the other time we have rode in the heat the UV index was not that high and their was a cool breeze. No cool breeze.   So we are still riding our bike, but more easy riding than going all out.  Were doing 4 to 8 miles.  Nothing exciting  But keeping the legs moving.   The air feels like a oven, but were not going that far so it's doable.    To give you a perspective of how hot is is, Chris rubber hand grip melted off and mine are feeling very sticky.   When we get home I'm probably going to wipe down the seats with leather cleaner it also is for vinyl, so they don't crack.  Some time after Friday is suppose to cool down.  I can't wait.

Came around a corner and low and behold we saw a proud ma ma Turkey Hen with 12 babies.  She had a raft.  I did not get all of them little squishes on the photo, but believe me there their.  So cute.  While I was being paparazzi, she was like cool and collective like ya I see you, just keep your distance.    This hens have very powerful legs and sharp claws.   So we let ma ma be.    

  

No comments:

Post a Comment