Monday, February 18, 2019

47.03 MILES & A FUCK HARD RIDE!!!!!!!

 Back at it again today.   And holy cow did I get my ass kicked.    Joined the North Valley Ride Club to do the, get ready for this exceptional long title.   
Presidents' Day Ride – Paskenta Loop – road/gravel mix.
Remember how I said the Pie Ride was windy........(LOL).  Well this topped the pie ride.  My average speed for the Pie ride was 13.3.   My average speed for this ride was a whopping 10.9.   It was a killerly fun and painful ride at the same time.    Can this ride be topped?  I'm sure it can.  
 Getting ready to take off to go to the meet up.
 Mike getting ready to ride.
Lot's and lot's of people getting ready to suffer.   There was a very (very) strong wind and it was cold.

 Watching the water run off over the little hill.
 AHHHHH!   The wind caught my bike and tossed my water bottle.  It was rolling at high speed and I was like don't fall into the water.  It stopped.    I need my water!!!!!





 A gaggle of cyclist listening to John as he tells us whats going on.

Off we go.











 The wind was fucking strong, and it was literally blowing the bike all around.  I like going fast down hill, but dang with my bike being whip around and pushed it was kind of unnerving.
 Man these to guys ruined every scenic photo I took.  LOL

 MOOO



 John contemplating how he can ditch me.   

Never ending road.









 Beautiful Mountains.
 Friendly faces.
 Fucking hill from hell. Wholly shit factory.  The wind was coming so strong through this little crest that I thought I was doing to die.
 Taking a break.   I should note that there is a fast group and a slower group.   I was with the second slower group.  The rest of the group was gone.
 Yes this hill is going to be in my nightmares.   Usually when I stop midway on a hill I can get going again. This was not the case. I stop and it was really hard to get going again.  Seriously hard.
 Hey look more gravel road and more fricken wind.
 Yeah I'm dying.

No seriously.  Shoot me now.
 Are we there yet? 
 Nope
 Nope
 Nope
We were all Bad Asses today.
 Look back at were we came from.
 Got off the bike to give my tusshy a break.  Feeling better.
 Great rock formation ahead.
 Lassen in the back ground.  I think.  It could be Shasta.  What ever it was it was beautiful.
 Becky stopping for a quality photo graph.  It's hard to drum up business out in the middle of no where.
 A barn out in the middle of the sticks.
 The road ahead.

 Entering Paskenta
 Dang talk about price gouging.
 Taking a much needed break.
 Getting my fix.
 Headed home.

 More mooos.

 Just a random dog in the middle of nowhere.  He was terrified of us.  Hopefully he find his home or runs back to it.

 Hey look a short cut to guess what more gravel.

 Billie the heart of the Riding clubs. 
 Billie taking a break with John.
 Moving on.

 Just when you though it ended.
 We had the wind at our back, did that make the climbing any easier?  No.



 Regroup



 Our last regroup and 2 1/2 miles to the meet up.

 Ready to take a break.  My thighs are on fire.
 How do you know when your tired? When the sight of a bathroom make you excited.








No comments:

Post a Comment