Monday, February 3, 2020

60.31 MILES & PASKENTA SPIN CYCLE RIDE

PASKENTA  SPIN CYCLE.
The first time I did this ride I thought it was super windy.

This time the wind was incredible.   It was hard core from the front, the sides and it was coming from every direction.  My friend Byron took a photo of the clouds and they look puffy but are going in odd directions as though the wind can not make up it's mind which way to blow.

I was so lucky to get a ride from one of the members of this group.  No one went, everyone was super scared of the wind.   While everyone was running away we were all like hell yeah.   
Hey looks it's me on a bike.  
Got up at 5:50 am and here I go.

Hey were is everyone.?  Oh were really early. LOL

I'm in love.   This one was the best one of the two flavors.
The other had hard bits of chunks of whole coffee beans, I like coffee, but that was too hard. 
Now this is way too cool.
You've heard of heated seats in your car.
This is heated sock's.   He's holding the battery back that make them warm up.
Byron giving me his Epic Ride start pose.
Considering how windy it was, the parking lot was empty.
Thanks to Brad I got to experience a hard core ride to remember.

Chillaxing  before the ride.
I decided to do some laps as we waiting for more people to show up.
Get on your bike and warm up!   It was super chilly.











We had 11 people in all, one guy was super late and was flying to get ready.
Ready to do some battle with the wind.

Off we go.




Taking a break


If you look at the hills in the distance you can see the sun, that is where we're headed.
The cloud were amazing like a big bed sheet being pulled back across the sky.
My dream home. 















There the Sun.

Group photo.  I love how the bike is there with the kick stand.  There is now just 10 of us, one of the guys rode on, he wanted to catch the pack and follow them back. 

Gravel as far as the eye can see.
I had to be very careful taking the photos.  Wait for areas were the window was blocked by a hill and want not   Holding on to the handle bars with one hand on gravel isn't exactly safe.   A couple of times I was caught off guard and was like Oh shit.  Wobble, wobble, save.
Here the first racer I seen flying by.   These guys are bad asses.  100 miles in these winds holy shit. Let me say that again HOLY SHIT!
That Byron stopped off to the side of the road.   Me too.   They were coming around the corner so dang fast we had no choice to stop.   We ended walking up the hill to make sure we didn't come in contact with a rider.
It's funny the photo make it look like they are not moving.  But  believe me these guy are flying.






















Taking another break and watching more riders pass.  
The wind going through this pass was so strong that going down hill was like going up hill.  You really had to peddle to go down hill.  The wind was bringing the bikes to a stop. 
Shetland pony's
Paskenta.   There was another group take a break.  

Headed back
Off roading it.  We took a gravel route I've never been on.






















                                             Boy there Cow out here were feisty.   They all started to run along side us then it dawn on me that they were going to cross in font of us at some point and what made matter worse was most of them had calves.  Nothing like getting in between a mother cow and her baby.  I in the middle so I started yelled Cow's are going to cross.  Yell COW up is kind of pointless unless the cow is driving a car towards us.  So sure enough to of the guys had to come to a complete stop and about 8 cow ran in front of them.  
                                                                                                        There was a short awesome section were the wind was at our back and wow were we flying.   Didn't last long.  But it felt great.

Back on the pavement headed to our turn off.
After this point I did not take any more photo's the gravel was deeper and more squirrely and we had some terrible side winds. We had wind at our back but it didn't last very long.    I was fish tailing the majority of the way so my hands were glued like super glue to the handle bars.
After I got back.  I road to Bidwell perk and hubby meet me there for lunch and coffee.   I needed to take a good break.  My knees were sore and my lower back was not happy.   After a good rest my back was fine. 
Coffee presentation in glass are so much visually appealing.
No this was not lunch this was a treat!  
The whole ride with the group was 45 miles, when I got home I was at 56 miles so I was like let's make it 60 miles.
5:14 hour


No comments:

Post a Comment