Friday, March 13, 2020

27.41 MILES FRIDAY GROUP RIDE & THE SUFFERING!

 Before the Suffering.
 Can you imagine this guy rides this in our group.  No just kidding.   He has a rack on the back for his bike. 
 WOW 33 people show up today.  This group keeps getting bigger and bigger.

 The Minion Master or the Over Lord.  Our leader.
 Tandem Bikes are fun.

 Off we go.    Oh boy.  This is a fast group we average about 15 mph to 16 mph on a really good day.  To 15 mph to 14 mph on a slower day.    But I'm always up front in the lead.   Today was a different story.  I was not up front by any stretch of the imagination.  In fact I was all the way in the back.
 Well right now I'm toward the back because were on the bike path, I don't last long here.
 We hit some head wind and I mustered the most lack lusted sprint I have ever done.  I passed every body so slow and then fate took over and the sound of frailer music started playing as I could not keep my momentum.   As every one left me behind there was someone in a crop duster practicing flying in the wind.  Going in circles.  He ended up flying super low and directly over me.  Really super cool.    
 So me and my peddling pity party of one, watch the group go around one corner, then another.  Luckily I knew where they were going.   And caught up with them at the rest spot.    Oh man was I sore like I've never been sore before. I was sitting on the log of depression when I took this photo. 

The group took off again and I stay with them until Durham and was like ok I need to head back, I'm not able to maintain my speed.  

Had to ride on the road with branches falling on me.  Yikes.   There was a close sign on the bike path , but no sign on the road. 
You can see the guy up in the scoop cutting.   Oh yeah and there was two more vehicles out of sight.

 Give a man a Cronut and you have one happy guy.  

What is a Cronut from google:The pastry resembles a doughnut and is made from croissant-like dough which is filled with flavored cream and fried in grapeseed oil.
 At the Tin Roof and let the chat fest ensue.  

I had one of the worst Mochas ever here today and the staff was like meh.  I had to throw the whole thing away.  I did not drink it down at all it tasted that nasty.   There remedy was to add more chocolate. It didn't help.  
 Note to self don't get coffee here.  
 So yeah I'm tired and sore.   




No comments:

Post a Comment