Tuesday, January 17, 2017

61.2 Airen & Hubby 38.04 THE JOY OF PAIN.

Awesome ride today.  Considering the last time we did a long distance ride was to Oroville and that was about 50 miles and was last October.   Chris decided to stick to the lower park and I road up to upper park, so we basically when around in circles.   Hubby does not ride as much, so 38.04 miles was really great for him.  I how ever wanted to keep going.   And the cool part is I figured out the speedometer on my own.  I had to cut off every thing and start all over again.  It was a pill, but I switch the batteries and bingo it worked, go figure.  But I am now skilled as setting the speedometer with my eyes close.  

I can say again I love my new bike. It rides like a dream.  

Crazy day today.  Had a lady in a car yelling at me and pointing into the grass???  But the scary part was she was slowing her car down and trying to push me off the road. I'd slow down, then she would slow down even further and try to come over on me and push me into the grass.   ???  I usually don't get mad, but 39 miles into the ride I didn't yell at her, but I was thinking about call her a BITCH!  WTF?  She was driving a really nice car and she just came from a near by golf course, which I ride along the path like all the other cyclist.  I was in the bike lane, and their was no side walk, it turned into grass.   She was yelling at me and pointing to the grass.  Like yeah right I want to off road.  ???    She finally got tired and took off.   That made me pretty upset.  I hope that is a one time ordeal.   

Then toward crossing the little bridge, I always stop and walk across when their is people using it.  If not and it's dead I ride across.  Well I came to a stop and this guy riding a bike with a back flat tire and his head down made a B line right 
me and I was still pretty far away.  He looked up at the last minute and was like what ever.    I just rolled my eyes.  

On a light note.  I had a young guy in a bright white t shirt chase me from 1 mile to horse shoe lake.  The look on his face was like shit lady WTF,but then he gave me a big thumbs up and a huge smile.    How ever he did not follow me around again.   




Hmmmm 0 does this mean I'm dead or am I not going fast enough?
360 calories burned after a 4.22 hours ride.  Don't think so.  I figuring it's 3,600. 

I was kind of mad at my self today, I wanted to break my 71 mile record, but we got a real late start today, so oh well maybe next time.  Towards the end it was getting pretty dark.  And it (was) suppose to be warmer today.  (Suppose to be).  Come to think of it, it felt colder, a lot colder.   

61.2 miles on the new seat.... you could say yes I'm sore.   Ouch.   
I am comfortable enough now that I can stand up on the bike and stretch a bit, that feels good, before I was way to wobbly.

I ate 1 1/2 cliff bars & 2 gel packs to get me buy.    And I can say the Chocolate Gel pack was delicious and the Mocha one too.   Food just taste better after  60 miles.   ;) 

NO NO NO!  No bike riding tomorrow.      


No comments:

Post a Comment