Monday, October 1, 2018

OCTOBER! & BREAK DAY!

Another month to get to 1000 miles.  So here we are it's  October and the weather is beautiful and I got allergies and am congested.  LOL  But other wise I feel fine, so I'm going to keep going.  But today is going to be a break day, yesterdays ride was not a long ride, but I didn't feel strong I felt sore.
On the Fridays coffee ride I didn't feel strong either,  I was only able to get up to 23 mph on the flats and had a hard time maintaining it.  On a good day I can to that and maintain it.   With all the congestion it cutting my energy in half.  Never less I was still able to push my self and get a good ride in that day.     
The WOW group now is going to start on Tuesdays now so off I go.

This part is meant to make you think and it's not directed at anyone:   


     I heard someone say that riding 1000 miles in a month is way too much work.     Is it really?   I've been called a idiot to my face, crazy, and even nuts.   But am I?  We live in a world were everyone take the easy road out and no one pushes them selves to see what real potential they have. Hell we don't even get up from our chairs now days to change the channel, we sit back and use a clicker. What is wrong with pushing your self to the limit?  I know, it make people feel uncomfortable that there is someone out there doing more and better than them.  Well? What's stopping you from challenging your self?  What's stopping you from at least trying.  People make so many excuses.  It's too cold, It's too windy.   ( Now let me make it very clear I'm not bashing people who chose not to push them selves, everyone has there own personal reasons.)  Push your self within your limits.  Hell if you don't want to push your self that's fine.    But if you do decide to push your self, you are not crazy or nuts!  Your just doing what other won't or are not willing to do.   When I was in Boot Camp at Fit One, I pushed my self to the limits and was like shit I did that, I just carried a 100 pound log to the building from outside and set it on the floor. I did not drop it.   This was not required of everybody.  It just happened  that no one show up in my group and every morning we were required to all carry the log in.    The think is when you push your self to the limit you open a door and suddenly you see things differently and this can be applied to everyday life.    

No comments:

Post a Comment