Friday, February 3, 2017

11.03 Miles. Airen

It was raining off and on all day to day and I wanted to get at least one small ride in before I go to the  Dentist.  I live their if your wondering.  So I doubled up on the clothing, put my warm ear protection on and zipped off to the bike shop.  Very overcast, but not that cold.   Had my bike check out, due to some strange noise the front brakes were making, turned out to be nothing to worry about.  Then headed back out to a very light mist. I can deal with a light missed.   Down Pour.......hissss hisssss.    The two things I hate about down pours is I can't see were I'm going, because I wear glasses and the road become slick.   Speaking of slick as of today I saw a man on a bike wipe out because he was going to fast on his bike and when he hit the breaks he slid along right in front of traffic.    YIKES!    He really luck out because their was no cars there when he fell.  And he doubly luck out because he slid with the bike, meaning he didn't tumble off the bike.   So as soon as the bike stop he popped back up and took off.  The rain brings all the oil to the surface and weather your driving a car or bike you got to be extra careful. 

I felt all alone in the park, hardly anyone was in the park and their were no bikes either.  And the creek is on the rise again.  It's was lapping the edge of the path.   So if we get another good wind storm, more trees are going down.

I'm very proud to announce that my mother in-law is killing it with her bike riding.  Go Christine ;)  She so far done 3.3 miles and in the bad weather too.   YAY!!!   


No comments:

Post a Comment