Friday, February 17, 2017

12.00 miles Airen & RAIN

Today's Weather.     
Precipitation 100%
Rain, becoming heavy; watch for flooding.
This ride was a little bit more tolerable, the rain was warm and it was not cold.   If had been really cold and windy uh uh.  

Could some one please explain to my why 3 days off the bike feels like 3 weeks???  My legs were on fire. My hubby looked out the window and said your nut's if you do.  Yes I'm nuts and guess what I did.  I geared up in a blue rain coat I have that has a hood which I gave up on, because the wind kept blowing it back.  
Yes.  It was terribly hard to see where I was going because my glasses were very wet and when I stopped they would fog up and yes I didn't manage to hit a lot more pot holes than I would normally and lastly YES! My head, legs and shoes got drenched.    But all in all my legs felt better after the ride.  Like I said before riding in the rain has it's up and down.   All in all today was a good day for going for a swim on the bike. :)   

Their is something special about riding in the rain though the park, it's very still and you only hear the sound of rain, no barking dog, no screaming children, no people noises.   I really forces you to focus on the moment of the ride.   Thought the whole ride I only encountered one other cyclist, two runners, a couple walking their dogs, quail and a super soaked squirrel running for cover.

Life is about doing uncomfortable things.   And for me riding in the rain is uncomfortable as it gets, because is literally soaks my sense, I can't see very well, I can't hear very well, because of the rain coat and I can't look behind me very well, so I have to be extra alert and then their the slipperiness of the road, so you have to be extra careful.

But yet I will still say it was a awesome ride.   At one point I found my self laughing, because of how soaked my exercise pants and shoes were.  But so what!  

It's going to rain for the next week straight, oh joy.   I don't know if it's good to have wet shoes for a week straight. LOL    But hopefully the weather is off as they usually are and I'll be riding in overcast days and not swimming.  ;)    

  
  



No comments:

Post a Comment