Tuesday, November 13, 2018

CAMP FIRE STILL BURNING

 It's literally and figuratively been a dark day for Paradise, surrounding towns and Chico.  The sun is a red ball of glowing light that fades in and out as the heavy clouds of smoke waft by blanketing the valley.  One day every thing is hopping along, the next day utter devastation and unfathomable loss.

On the morning of the 8th I woke up, still half a sleep I looked up dreary eyed and saw a large black blanket covering Chico, I was really not all there, laid back down, and my mind must have been mulling over the image I saw.  Because my eyes snapped open and I was trying to digest this black cover.   My mind could not comprehend why I could see blue sky toward the edges of this massive sheet of sadness. That is what Q'd  me to something was very, very wrong.  Then the horrid extend and reality of what was going on set in.  

   The day before the fire we both were at the Feather River Hospital returning my monitor to be analyzed.  We could have been up there the day of the fire.

Updated 11-13-2018 
125,000 acres
30 % containment
3 Firefighters injured, not deaths.
42 Civilian fatalities.
 15,500 Structures Threatened.
6,522 Single Residence Destroyed
75 Single Residences Damaged
 85 Multiple Residence Destroyed 
 260 Commercial Destroyed
32 Commercial Damaged
772 other Structures Destroyed.

It heart breaking to hear all the stories, everyone you meet is suffering great losses.  Some people are strong and move on, other are not strong and don't know how to cope.  And then there are people like my family who are trying to get all the material things back.  (rolling eyes.)    No joke.  My Sister in law friend ask her is there any thing I can do for you.   What does my sister in law ask for?   Her lost Fine Bone China Japaneses Dinner set.  No Apologies here   These two Douche Bags, have help from both sides of the family to the point they could have to new homes bought, with cars.  Yet they have a page were there asking for more money.   Face Palm.   If your wondering why the animosity?  My brother and his wife are the kind of people that get happy about other peoples demise.  They openly toasted to the death of all the Indonesia people who died in the tsunami.  They gleefully watch a guys head be cut off on live TV and laugh about it.   This is the evil disgusting family I come from.  
And my mom said there something wrong with me?    Ok family rant over with.  



:(
Our home is about the little dot.  That 1.8 mile from were the fire break stopped the fire.
The two white arrows pointing toward each other is were I ride my bike.
622 Engines
71 Water Tenders
21 Helicopters
97 Hand Crews
107 Dozers
5139 Total Personal


And this was found not on the internet, but a sign board. 



:(   Nature getting hit hard too.   A bunch of little sparrows dead. 


















Ash on flowers.
Another land mark that is gone.  :(





The road to the Cover Bridge.   This is all burnt.









Our beloved Covered Bridge is gone.











 Our first ride was to the Covered Bridge. 





























Paradise Bike path.






Every thing has a end, but the end is also the beginning.   The Healing begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment