Thursday, May 2, 2019

SICK & MUSING.

  All I can say is I really lucked out big time, the day after I did 120 miles I got sick with a spring cold.   OMG!  I so relived that I was not sick on the day of the Wildflower that would have been the real suffering of not being able to breath.    I thought is was allergy, but woke up with more and was like nope cold at least it's not the flu.   And to makes things even more joyful, playing with my friend son I sprained my leg, by stepping down wrong.   So now I'm a coughing gimp.   

And I miss the Lassen ride today again year after year.  Oh well. 

I'm sliding into May like a sick slug.  So it is what it is.   When I get better, I'll be back on track with the WOW group and Friday group ride and what not.    

Jenni Group ride has some good rides too.  Lassen!!!!  And some much needed longer rides from 50 to 70 miles.  

Another thing is I think I'm really ready for trying 200 miles with the exception of doing a flat ride.  I really want to keep going when I got to 120 miles and I felt fine.   The only reason I stopped at 120 is my hubby was wigging out because I'd been gone so long and I was like I need to go home.   My plan for the 200 miles is doing is riding the Wildflower flat flower about 3 1/2 time of what not.   The key word is flat.    I've been thinking about this for a long time.   The wild flower really open my eyes to how close I am.   But in order to pull this off I need to wake up super early.   

A funny side note: That night after the wildflower guess what time I woke up.  5:00 fricken a.m in the god dam morning my body was like let go.  REALLY!  OMG!

 All in all I'm so happy how the Wildflower turn out it was basically smooth sailing with only two hick ups.   The guy in the car who harassed the cyclist, the group of rider who blocked the entire road and give cyclist a bad rap, that was really bad.   Jenni had a flat at the station, what luck and we did not see anyone crash or get injured.   So Awesome day.




No comments:

Post a Comment