Sunday, August 21, 2016

15.4 Miles

Today we did 15.4 miles.   August turned out to not be such a great month, but I'm not that disappointed it happens and life goes on. Another day another bike ride.    However during the days I haven't posted anything we have still ridden our bikes from 3, 4 and 6 miles.  But not counting those as rides anymore, because their so short.  
 Well here is what my new bike will really look like.   I still got a while before I can order it, but like I said, I waited this long no big deal. 
But their might be a monkey with a wrench in the works?   The bike I want is very popular and not in stock right now.  :(   But I'm hoping in another month it will be.  If that the case I'm going to have to look for another bike. 

Oh and remember my broken axle that was fixed.  I can laugh out loud now, but I rode 13 miles up hill  with a broken axle and road down Neal Rd at 31 miles an hour with a broken axle and I'm still alive.    So I was riding for 2 month and three weeks with a broken axle.  Holy shit.    How do I know.  Well sense it was fixed changing the gears on the bike has been super easy and the peddling is even easier.    And when I rode to Paradise just changing gears was awful and I was so hard.  No wonder my hubby rocked.  Well he rocks regardless.  I felt like I was under a rock. 

Well I have come to the realization that no matter how fast I can go or how far, people are going to look at me like I can't.    I'm 5'9 and 240 pounds.   A guy rode up beside me today and started talking to me.  "Yup just keep peddling like that, that all you have to do, a pretty soon you'll be able to go 18 to 20 miles and hour" like me.    Me thinking "Really"  He was also telling me how I should start drinking more water and instead of riding hear and their, try riding every day.    I told him that I could do 50 miles and he look at me like yeah right lady.    I can't win.   That is one of the time where I wish we were in the right area I cook have left him behind so bad.   Oh well.  I know I can do it, and my hubby seen me do it, so that all the justification I need.   And the satisfaction of seeing people look at me after I roar down at 20 miles an hour thought the park is priceless.     

No comments:

Post a Comment