Thursday, August 4, 2016

8/3/2016 12 miles

Did yet another 12 miles yesterday and yes the ground squirrels were every were.   They remind me of little surf board, because when they run they skip across the dry grass and their bodies are so stream line and long.  It's a sight to see.  
Ok yeah I have bike on the brain.  I wish I could buy it right now, but I have to wait. :(     I usually very patient, but it's a new bike!
Well as fate has it while we were talking about him getting a new bike for him self.  His bike that was park next to the bench does dive to the ground and bends the gear sifter next to the chain.   And with hitting the brick wall, I think that was part of what make it crack.    He can still ride it, but he can't sift gears.    Now it looks like he's going to get a new bike.

Instead of getting a Trek like I am, he just going to stick with the Diamond back.   


Note: Both cookie pictures are the same cookie, cooked two different ways.   If you are interested in the Recipe I suggest you check out my  Other Blog site called  http://susenkitchencorner.blogspot.com/
Then  type into the search bar AVOCADO CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES.  You find the old version and the newer version.
  I been toying around with the idea to come up with my own energy bar.  Yes the Cliff bars work great and they are reasonably cheep 99 cent is not bad. On a good week of riding that is over 12 mile mark, Chris and I can eat at least about 20 cliff bars.  That is one cliff bar for every hour of riding and 2 for every hour of riding two hours.   That comes out to $19.80 a week or $79.00 a month.  That's only if we keep up or riding and do over 300 to 400 miles in a month. 
If I make home made cliff bars we get more bag for our buck.   Now for the idea I already make a very healthy version of Avocado Chocolate chip cookies that is 76 calories for each cookie, the old version was 187 calories.  If I can modify the cookie recipe to include more healthy stuff like figs, and nuts and the other good stuff that gives us our pep, during the ride.  It would save us $$.  And this way we could really control the sugar amount in each bar.  This might be a work in progress.  But I am going to see what I can do.   My hubby is ecstatic about the idea cookies for energy bars.     

No comments:

Post a Comment