Friday, August 12, 2016

KABOOM 4. miles

Well August was suppose to be a good month.    Between Chris bike gears not working and his sprain, at lease he still ride it, when his leg gets better.

On the other hand my bike.  Yeah!   I decided to do some hill training yesterday.   Every thing was going fine until I was on my third lap.  On the way up I switch the gears to making going up hill easier and the chain fell off the gears and lodged in between the spokes.   The first time I was like ok, I flipped the bike over and fixed it, no problem.  Rode back down to start over.   Half way up again CRUNCH!   This time it was stuck, really stuck.   UGGH!!!    So I had to call my mother in law to be rescued.    While I waited for her I broke the bike down so it would fit into her car and discovered something else.


The doo hicky above the white arrow on the right that looks like a little hat is  a quick release cap.  This is what keeps the tire tightened to the bikes hub .  It's a log piece of thin metal that slides thought the hub it's self and is tightened with another small cap.     Well when I spun it off to remove it, I could not pull it out.  I had to pull really super hard and it finally came out, with the thing the arrow is pointing at, that is not suppose to come out.   UH OH!   When I looked at the quick release metal part is was bent.  2nd UH OH!.       The arrow on the right is pointing to the 1st UH OH! this is the housing for the bearings, and it should be flush with the second arrow on the left.  I should easily push back into it's housing.  No matter what I did it would not, and to top that off a few bearings fell out.   ARRHGGG!      CRAP!     So yeah, no riding for me until this is fix.    My new bike can't get here fast enough.
I don't know if I said this before, but we really rode these bike.   June 2015 we put around 490 miles on them, and the next month  540 miles.   And a whole lot more.   











No comments:

Post a Comment