Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Break Day 20.22 miles

YES this is a Break day!   And yes I rode 13.4 + some miles. Totaled out to 16.97 miles.  The difference is I rode 6.7 miles very slowly and am taking almost a hour to two hour break in between, before finishing the other 6.7 miles home.    Break days are very different now days, before we would not bike at all and either walk or do something else.  Now a 6 mile ride that is leisure dose not count.   And yeah I'm going 6 miles further, but I'm not pushing my self.

Her is the funny part I have to make a conscious effort to ride slow, my legs just want to go..go...go.  So the whole ride I put the gears in lower setting to keep me from zooming along.   I think I was making a good effort to keep my speed under 13 miles an hour.

Chis and I were talking about this yesterday and I don't know how to correctly explain it, but it seem to us that it is actually easier to get across town on a bike than drive across town on the freeway.   It seem when your in a car, time slows down and the bulkiness of the vehicle makes it seem to take longer and then you add in slow traffic, lights, and what not.   With the bikes you constantly flowing forward, yeah their the occasional squirrels, but their is not the bulkiness.  Weird.

Update: Ended up going a bit further, to run some errands.   

No comments:

Post a Comment