Monday, June 12, 2017

23.1 Miles


  Back on the bike..... and it feels so good.  Instead of going insane and doing a really long bike ride I opted for a shorter ride, only a whopping 23.1. A week off the bike seems like a month to me.  My legs are like WTF only 23?  How about 350 ha ha um no.   Great weather today, the best, who knew it was going to stay this cool, I hope the trend continues.  I'd rather do a 100 miles in cool weather, than get oven baked.  When it get over 100 I might as well add herbs and spices to my sun screen and call it good.  Because when I'm done I really will be baked.   

I changed my route up a bit, because riding down to 1 mile is chopping up my back tire and breaking too many spokes aka rods.  So I'm riding on a side road that is much smoother and has very few pot holes.  However I still cross Buckle Berry Ferry and head back up to Horse shoe lake that way.   And am also skipping crossing the bridge of casa doom.  I get right on the main road and follow it up to Horse shoe lake and stay on it all the way back down to 1 miles.  Smoother and faster.   But the weird part is, the curved road in the park  seems faster and the straight road seems longer, even though they are the same distance. 
Weird or it's just me. 

I been really mulling over the 200 mile ride and if I do it, it's going to have to using the side road, that the only way I'm going to keep my sanity.  
I've got another problem  June 21st the days start to get shorter.  So I don't think I'm going to be able to get to this goal until next year.  Unless I short out jump on the bike and go fuck it. 

Another thing I been practicing psyching my self up.  Just focusing and working it into my head that this is what I want and this is what I'm going to do.   That's how I did the 100 miles twice thought the park.   Every day no matter what I'm doing, my mind is focus on the task at hand, so by the time I do it, it helps me get thought it.   Because yeah I am doing another 100 miles in the park.  When hopefully soon, not tomorrow, because I want to do the Fun 50.  I've missed it twice this month.  Boo hoo. :(  
 
As for the coffee issue.  I'm going to take my hubby advice, ween my self off it.  I had a small one today and I was so focused on not wanting it I had a hard time drinking it.   Now I know exactly what you are thinking.   If I can do that it
should be really easy for me to stop.    The power of a emotional triggered coffee drinker is not a easy nut to break.   One day I'll be I can do it.  Next day I'll be a nervous wreak.  So yeah it's not that simple.



 



















 Me and my new shades. :)
 Rabbits ears
And big men looking for tiny balls on the Golf Course.    

No comments:

Post a Comment