Friday, June 30, 2017

35 Miles & A AWESOME CLIMB.

 What a prefect day and awesome up hill ride.  This really made up for yesterday.  My legs really needed this.  I feel so much better.   Everyone on the ride was great and the communication was there.   And this guy in a Yellow shirt kept on gabbing.  :)   No not really, but he was very help full and was keeping a eye on everyone.  

Yes it was a very hard ride to the top.  This was my first long up hill climb.  I was slow, but I was steady.  My speed going up hill was 5 miles an hour.  I had to do two rest stop's to catch my breath and drink some water, then I was off again.  Got to a spot called the narrows and that is were I turn around with the group. To go down hill super fast.  34.3 was my top speed.  Yikes.  I could have gone faster, but I was not familiar with the road.   My hands were hurting when I got to the bottom from holding the breaks.   

And I am entering the next stage of my cycling adventure.  I met a French lady who is going to start helping me do interval train, to get faster.    I am really excited to do this with her.  

I felt like I kept wanting to go go go after the ride and stop my self.  It's time to rest.   Beside I don't want to burn out.   Burning out is not good.   





No comments:

Post a Comment