Saturday, June 17, 2017

HEAT WAVE & 12 MILES OF BLEH!

 So yeah I got up at 5:00 and headed out the door at 6:43 am this morning.   The plan was to beat the heat.  Well yes I did that, but I got out there and was rolling along and was just not feeling the love.  In fact my right knee started to ache and I did feel any energy, even thought I had a nice breakfast and I didn't take off on a full stomach.
My normal routine is to start my ride midday around 2 to 3, of course when it was a lot cooler.  And I listen to my legs.  They tell me when I need to ride.   So if I'm riding after 4 or 5 that ok too.    But this morning I think I put them into shock, they were not speaking to me and I just started the ride with out them.   So yeah, my legs had the equivalent of a hiss fit, because I'm not riding when they want to ride.   But now with the temperature going from 99 to 110.  No I'm not going to the fried side.  Hence trying to ride in the morning.   If this does not work, then I'll be riding after 6 ish.    And if it comes to this smaller rides are better than no rides.
As for doing the 100 I might have to put that on hold.  :(   Unless I find a way to do with out going up in flames.

Another thing that I'm not liking about early morning riding is yeah the sun is really super bright, and with my sun glass on I feel like I'm riding blind.   And it's presenting a huge problem in the park with all the furry barks running around off the leash.   Lot's and lot's of smiling people who's dogs are running towards my bike wheels.   They won't be smiling anymore if there dog get's caught in my spokes.   


1 mile was very peaceful.  About  5 people wandering around. 

 I've got funny skin.  This is only after 12 miles of riding.  My helmet digs into my skin.  Oh I have the helmet way to tight.  No I don't, It's snug, but not tight.   I'm trying out for a part in Star Trek.   Not Klingon, but rather a Hell-met-ee-on.   A lost race of cyclist that live in the sticks on a rare plant.  
 My mother in law will be getting a new bike in October, so I suggested this one to her.   It's really nice and the price it good and it's local.  But as she pointed out she waiting for the funds. 
Well if she's getting a new bike.  I will be getting my BABY back.  This is the bike that started this whole crazy cycling adventure.   By the time I get it back I'll have the funds to take it in and get it worked on and find out what I did to it.  And I'll start using this for hill training, because it is a heavier bike. 

No comments:

Post a Comment