Monday, April 1, 2019

20.02 MILES RIDING WITH HUBBY & UP HUMBOLT RD!

Out and about with hubby today.  Today even with the rain was a perfect day for a bike ride.  Love the fact that I did not have to bundle up.
The poppies are popping all over the place so beautiful.


 Off we go.
 Stop by to check out the butterfly chrysalis.  Not hatched yet.
 So tiny and yet so strong.


 Stopped by the home and said good by to hubby.   Not sure he want to do this. LOL  Headed toward Humbolt.
 Egggad  the road was even worst that it was before, pot holes are bigger and more numerous.
 Going along.   At least this time I warmed up before going up and guess what my back is just fine.    That was my mistake doing the time trial, I did not warm up.  I went up cold turkey and payed for it.    Wearing on of my favorite jerseys, the other one is the tiger.  I only like were those when I truly kicking my ass.   I got three week and a couple of day to train for the Wildflower 100 miler.  Three climb so I better do some major ass kicking.
 Looking back down into the valley.

 Butte county has lot's of beautiful rock walls there every where. 
 Ahhhh the prize.  
Well thing became pretty dicey when a semi with a trailer past me.  The SOB had plenty of room to do the three feet around me and there were no on coming cars.  So today I almost ate it, because I got pulled into the (stream line) ??? if that's what you call it.  Anyway my bike was dancing around like a mechanical bull.   And mind you I had no were to go, because of the curb to the right.   I was like shit shit shit shit.   I just held on, then oh joy the trailers next.  So yeah I almost wiped.  I have a few more white hairs on my head, because of it.   But like I said the SOB! Driving the dang semi had plenty of fucking room.   rant over. 



 And right here a big white standered poodle was lose barking at me and coming toward me.    So I did my very low deep bark at it.   And the dog jump up in the air and took off so fast.  That was so funny.    For a while I thought it was going to run into traffic, but it veered off to a home, were the owner grabbed it.  





Am I done for today.  No.  I when back for seconds.  New post coming. 






No comments:

Post a Comment