Saturday, December 23, 2017

30 MILES & A CRAZY DAY!

  What a crazy day.  We started out our ride by passing some teenagers. One of them thought it would be a good idea to scream at the top of her lungs just as we rode by.   Chris and I were like meh.   I yelled back nice try.  She look pissed that she didn't scare us.   Chris did his usual 8 miles and waited for my by 1 mile.   On the way home we had to pass them again and they were still very grumpy.   Chris and I chuckled.  Chris stayed home and I went back out and me being so nervous about dogs off the lease.   There were two pit bulls running off the lease with out anyone in sight, I was so distracted.  I almost caused a cycling crash with another cyclist who was going fast.  I started to hear him yell  Whoa! Whoa!  Whoa!  Then at the last minute I was SHIT!  We missed each other by inches.   Whew!   That was heart pounding.   Lesson learned don't get distracted by dogs on a blind corner.   The other dog incident was still fresh in my head.  But something kind of refreshing happened when I pass the girls again, she apologies to me.   I accepted and complemented her on her hair. 
Oh there's more.   As I was going around the park I noticed a toddler on his own bike peddling along behind his mom.  Aww how cute.   Well as I was headed back up to horse shoe lake I spotted him.  Now I came to a complete stop, because he was so shaky, his mom was directing him were to go, but I thing he just got nervous, because he was all over the place and he almost crashed into my bike.  That would have had to rank in the cute bike crash category.  He managed to get control of the bike and peddle his way to his mom.   And around I go, back to riding in circles.  At the two mini hills or terror, that is were I can really feel it in my legs.   And then on the way home I came around a corner and a family was playing base ball with a wiffle ball.  Again I was in the offensive, slowed down and got to the side of the road.  Next thing you know I have a wiffle ball flying at me.  Then the kid decided to run right in front of the bike.  Yikes I was not expecting that.  A kids a little larger than a squirrel.

Well I was suppose join the WOW group today, but I sleep in.   Opps. 

So it's day 10 of riding & 8 days left. 
207.98 miles left to get to my goal.  

So by right I should be able to do 25 miles a day and get to my goal.   As for the gift card I'm not going to go for it, because you have to be a Stravita and well it's not happening.   So I'd rather be satisfied with riding 3,096.78 miles in 7 months.     I do believe I accidentally said 6 months opps.   It actually 7 months.   June, July, August, September, October, November & December.   But for me that still hella good. 



No comments:

Post a Comment