Wednesday, December 20, 2017

50.9 MILES & HILL REPEATS

Well today started off pretty good, headed out the door at 8:30 to meet up with the WOW group to head off and do the Durham Loop.   On the way out there were a bunch of crazy guys on the side of the road yelling WOW!  I guess they must really like the word. ;)   
Road out as far as Smuckers  and got a large branch caught in my spokes.......it snapped my spoke.....uhhggggg!    
Darted over to Sports LTD and got it fixed.  So My speedometer is missing 6.8 miles.   So it should read 6.8 +44.1 = 50.9 miles.  So as soon as I got it fixed I was back out on the road making up for missed miles.    The ride was not that bad.    Now for the freezing part.   Headed out to do hill repeats and the temprature was dropping and dropping the coldest I recorded on my speedometer was 43 degrees.   Burrrrrrr
The group for the hill repeats was very sparse at most about 7 people showed up.  We did 7 on the first loop, well they did 7 I did 6, yeah you could say I was slow, but I was not beat.  I wanted to do another lap to make up, but the group was kind of grumpy so I was like ok headed off to the next loop.  Again I got 5 done and they got 6.     Sense I did not come with them I took off and did one more lap one the first loop to make up for the missed one.  Then headed for home.   
Really good riding day today.   Not only did I get to 50 miles I was able to do some hill climbing  and freeze my ass off.  I'm Holding on to a hot chocolate right now trying to return the warmth to my fingers.  
















No comments:

Post a Comment