Friday, December 22, 2017

43.7 MILES & THE FREEZING FIRDAY RIDE

 Holy crap was it cold outside.  It was 40 to 42 degrees and when your moving on the bike it's make it even more chilly.  Burrrrrr   Great ride today with the Friday Group ride.    But I guess I was peddling crack. To keep warm I'm wearing the cycling shorts I'm not suppose to be wearing under my long cycling pants and it causes them slip down.  So apparently I was peddling crack.  Maybe I should get the jersey below.  LOL  

No I did not lead the pack, I stuck to the middle of the pack, toward the middle of the ride we headed into a slight head wind and I was starting to feel the burn, the slow ride thought Hamilton city was nice, I was able to recover as we headed back to Chico.    Riding on Bidwell Ave and just before we turn off on Rose Ave or as I like to called the Road from hell, it really bumpy sort of like really bad coffee.   A lady was playing with her Golden Retriever on a blind corner as we came around the corner she threw the ball off of one of those Chuck it toys that allows the owner to throw the ball further than they could if they toss the ball by them selves. Well she threw the ball and the dog zoned in on the ball dashed right in front of everyone.  WHOOOAAA!   Scary, luckily no one fell off there bikes and the dog didn't get hit.    Don't play with your dog on a road, if a car came around the corner that dog would not have a chance.  The cyclist were able to scatter, a car would not.   Oh well. 

Thank you again John Wiesinger for the yummy coffee.  Yeah I'm crazed cold coffee and I'm sitting there freezing.  LOL  


 When we stopped for coffee all of a sudden you realized how fricken cold it was and we were all sitting out side.   Warm coffee shop is for losers.   
Well If I could remember his name I would mention him, but I can't Uhhhhggg.  But a really nice guy on the ride gave me a Garmi Forerunner 205/305. THANK YOU!  Now I can connect to Stravita (spelling intentional) There is a picture of what it looks like below.
I will be assimilated, I will use Strava ~ Stravita. 

 What?  Huh.... were was I oh yeah blogging. 

Any hoo we saw Cranes out in the fields that was pretty cool.  
   Now I've got to make a Garmin Account & Stravita Account and start using this.  












Now this is the Ultimate Crack Peddling Jersey.  



                386.4 Total miles for the whole month of December.
               361.4 Total miles for 9 days straight of continuous riding. 

   I got 237.98 miles to go to get to my goal and I got 9 day to go.   

2 comments:

  1. Nice job on your mileage and congrats on your new gps/mileage tracker... now you need to join Strava with a clever name... I'm thinking, Crack Queen! :-)
    Keep up the impressive mileage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL You made me spit my coffee out. My husband says I'm going to be the butt of all jokes. That's Cycling Crack Queen to you. And don't piss me off or there will be repercussions. More crack will be released.

      Delete