Saturday, December 16, 2017

30.1 Miles & FUCKING STRONG WIND!

 This is the face of pain and holy shit is the wind strong.  I did a Friday group ride a while ago and it was so windy that our faces were all covered with dust and the gust were so strong that it was pushing the bikes sideways.  Well um this was even winder.   I just look at the Chico AccuWeather and  NNW 18 mph with 39 mph wind gust.  And to top that off there is a red flag warning on there site that states here is what it says from the site.
Chico Weather Advisorie:
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM PST THIS EVENING...

* TIMING...Through this afternoon

* WINDS...North winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts to up to 45 mph.
Along the west side of the Sacramento Valley extending into the
Coastal Range. Sustained winds up to 35 mph are possible with
gusts to 50 mph.

* IMPACTS...Difficult driving conditions for small cars and high
profile vehicles. Local tree damage and power outages possible.
Loose outdoor objects might be blown around.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of 25 to 39 mph are
possible with gusts 40 to 57 mph. Winds this strong can make
driving difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. Use
extra caution.

 So yeah like I said fuck strong wind.  This ride was toughest I've ever done, it was like riding up hill for 2:23. I was on the bike.  I had to take more breaks.   I also got hit in the face a few time by falling branches.  Ouch.  And as I came around a corner there was this huge limb that was in half, just enough room for my to ride in between in. Whew.  That would have definitely tossed me off the bike.   
Wait a minute?  Well this is not a hurricane force, but I got to take what I can get.  I can say I rode in red flag weather?  LOL    This is my pay back for missing the Friday group ride.  
40 miles in this.  ha ha ha ha
50?  LOL ha ha ha  LOL  NO! 
30.1 miles  it took every thing I had to keep pushing forward. 

Oh yeah the Canadian Geese, stopped to catch my breath and take pictures beautiful geese. 


 You could say it was a tad windy.
 Back to normal.


Crazed for coffee after windy ride.   It was an Americano with whip cream and milk.   And yes I deserved it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment