Saturday, January 26, 2019

FALLING DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE


This last couple of weeks has been the most surreal and life altering experience for me.  I feel like I have woken up from a dream only to keep finding my self still falling down the rabbit hole.   It's been scary, fun and exciting to meet people who actually understand the concept I have related to them.   And there is new things I've been learning about my self almost everyday.   I shot off a question to a lady in the UK who is studying Aphantasia and it's wild to think that this is really new and as she worded it it's in it's infancy stages of being fully understood by the medical community.

Do I want a cure?  No!  I have no desire to have my mind eye turned  on.  From what I can tell it sound scary as shit.  I'm not broken so I don't want to be fixed.

I recently saw  the Dr because of the migraines I have and when I look at the advice on the paper they gave me now it really funny to me.  One of the suggestions is to visualize your self in a peace full place.  LOL

All these saying were meaningless to me.  

I've also met people who have multiple conditions with Aphantasia.   You can have Synasteisa and be a Aphant at the same time.     
I've learned that you can have hallucinations with out being medicated.    I have had Hypnagogic hallucinations for the majority of my life.  But these only occur in the early morning hours when I have not had a good nights sleep and am woken up unexpectedly.  This also included auditory hallucination.  The most common auditory one I have that has never gone away is a door bell ringing in the morning or a loud rap on the door always very early in the morning.   My cats freak out when the door bell or there a knock on the door.  I look at the cat's to judge it was real or not.    If the cats are not freaking out, it's my mind.  

 


















No comments:

Post a Comment