Sunday, April 23, 2017

40.4 miles & 16 miles

 Great day for a ride today, the weather was perfect.   Went 16 miles with hubby to Durham and back.  Then he drops the bomb on me.   He takes a medication called Bystolic for his high blood pressure.  Well one of the side effect is fatigue.  :(  :(    I did know, because it a relatively new medication he's on.   I really wish he had told me about it sooner,  I would have never had him go out to Butte college.  But he told me he wanted to to that.  So he's going to still cycle, but no more long rides, just short ones like 12 or 16 and when he feels up to it.  I also notice he needs to take a lot more breaks during the ride.  

On the way back to Chico he went home and I continued my ride though the park. 
I came upon a scene of a young teen about 13ish 14ish on his hands and knees with his head to the ground.   I stop and ask if he was ok and the mother told me he was fine, they had just got done with a 21 mile hike.  The poor kid did not look fine at all.  He was looking dazed and out of it.   But what am I going to do that was his mom and dad.  ????   She thank me for the concern and told me no more hiking today, I just went on.   But check this out when I got back down from Horse shoe lake they were still at it.  That kid looked messed up.  I felt so bad.  But what can I do, nothing.    Down toward 1 mile their was a guy trying to surf under the bridge.  A whole bunch of people were watching him.   Funny.  


 Ahhh I'm dead.  LOL Had to reset my speedometer.





No comments:

Post a Comment