Sunday, April 30, 2017

65 MILES WILD FLOWER

 Well here we go :D   Flat flower 60.     It turned into the 65 because I rode in from home and back.   Got up a 6:00 and headed out the door at 6:30.  So by the time I got over their I was ready to roll.    Had everything I needed.   
It was glare nation.  LOL   What ever.   It was a great ride.  I made my goal of not stopping till the second rest stop of 35 miles.   But I steered clear of going into it.   I did not want to be tempted in eating something my stomach might not agree with.  Or the other thing I was thinking of having a full stomach and trying to ride.    So I ate a cliff bar got off the bike and stretched.   I also did a lot of stretching on the bike, that felt so good.    Had to make sure no one was around me.
They don't call it the Flat flower for nothing, wow flat, flat and more flat.   Going was easier, but coming back was a little more challenging.    Their was a head wind.   I push my
 self really hard as I always do, but around 45 I started to feel the burn and get fatigued.  I managed to join a pace line.    They were super nice.   I was focused, so I hope they didn't think I was a jerk.    They ended up leaving me behind.  No big deal.   I had to slow down and take a few breaks.

But here the results.  I've done  60 ish miles 3 times.
1.  4:00   65 miles  April 30th. 2017
2.  4:14   61 miles  April 9th 2017
3. 4:22     61.2  Miles January 1st 2017

And now let me tell you what happened the night before the ride.  OMG  I was almost in tears and almost Hyperventilating.   Oh boy.    Well I miss read a text from Bike Dr Mike and missed seeing him for a quick check of the back tire.   Well I use to be good at truing the wheels, the optimal word being use to.    Ahhh well I thought I still had the skill, and I don't, I basically (****) up the back tire to the point I could not ride it.    I was so stressed out, my stress had stress.    I was feeling sick to my stomach.      I text Bike Dr Mike one last time and he opened shop.   THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Saved By the DR.   Because to day would not have been possible with out him.

I did not stay for the feed.  I want to eat things that my stomach is use to. 
Their is a few more pictures to come.  But I don't have them yet.      





Managed to join a pace line.  They were really nice.   I feel kind of bad, because I was focused and concentrating so I was a tad rude.  :(     But they got their revenge they left me behind.  ;)




If your wondering this is down hill.  So I cheated. 

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic, Susen amazing ride! Very proud if you!✋👍👵

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And thank you for all the great pictures. :D

    ReplyDelete