Friday, April 28, 2017

MY TAKE ON ENERGY BARS OF THE CLIFF'D IN KIND.

This is just my take on Cliff Bars. 


When I started looking for a energy bar I was a bit overwhelmed with all the choices.    And in the beginning of my first long 1 hour rides I was listening to all the advice eat 1 bar per 1 hour.  So I was consuming around 250 calories, per ride.   And I was feeling a energy boost.   Over time I did try every thing else, and for me I was not feeling that boost, from Luna bars and a random selection of others.  I did not start off with Cliff Bars.  But in the end of being really dissatisfied with the other bars just not doing any thing for me I gravitated back to Cliff Bars.  

However as of now I no long consume one  whole bar per ride.  Instead 1/2 bar per ride is enough.  So one bar is good for a 2 hour ride.    And after 75 mile a Cliff bar become total taste bud nirvana.      
I really love the Nut Butter Filled Cliff Bars, because their smaller and even are less calories and work just the same.  1/2 bar is great. 

My favorite flavors are  Chocolate Almond fudge, Peanut Toffee Buzz & Cool mint chocolate as for the 

Nut butters I like Chocolate Peanut Butter.  Yummy. 
Now for the shot's. I use to like them, but their is just one side effect that I don't like.  After you consume it your suppose to consume a lot of water.  One a ride that is not good.   So I don't get these anymore.   









BLOKS?   I have never tried them, but just looking at them I can see them being a problem, like the gel shot.  Drink lot's of water.   So I have not tried them for that reason.









And now for the part why I like Cliff bars.  It's kind of gross, but in a world were hamburgers have a self life of  180 days a years, you don't want your energy bars to have a longer life than you do. 
I am happy to inform you CLIFF BAR, if not eaten will decay pretty fast.   So they are not meant to be saved.  And it also means that what every they are using is good stuff, with out a chemical trail.

So if you have a energy bar and leave it out and it does not die in a natural way.   I would not eat it. 







No comments:

Post a Comment