Wednesday, April 26, 2017

50 Miles & Beating my speed record. :D


 I ROCK I went 30.2 miles an hour.  :D   
Today was a really good day.   Started with a 17 mile warm up ride.   It does not feel right if I don't do this.    Met up with the Fun 50 at 5:30 and it was a new group.  The lead guy was kind of meh to me.  The back guy was friendly.   But once they realized I could keep up he was a bit more friendlier.   But can't blame them who want to be stuck with the Fat Chick on a bike.   What ever.  So I don't take it personally.
We started out going really really slow, and then things got cooking once the fast 50 past us.   Finally we were going at a good pace.    I am really not use to going 50 miles on the bike with only two very short breaks.  My butt was on fire, but not as bad as last time.   So this was a fun hard ride.   All in all it was a great ride and I got a lot of complements from the guys, as it was only my second time in a pace line.  
The lead guy invited me to for free training program at Cycle Sports, and the other guy suggested LTD Sports.  So I've got to think about it. I know so many choices.   I want to train more, but I don't want to kill my self.  I got a system down and it's working for me and I've got to stick to it.    
  
 I almost started to cry on the way home, I got out my cliff bar to dig in and I hit a bump and it flipped out right into the mud.  Nooooooooo!    That was a bummer.   Then I was like wait theirs another half of one, but it was open in a way I never open it.  Ok what ever...chomp....chomp...spit.  Yeah it was old and sour.  Yuck.

I took the long way home to make it a even 50.  Yeah I'm nuts.   Well it was a FUN 50.  ;)  




No comments:

Post a Comment