Wednesday, November 1, 2017

19.3 NORTH RIM TRAINING AT NIGHT


 Decided to join North Rim Hill training tonight.  Instead of riding to North Rim it self I just road out from my home right there, I was a bit early so I was like why not I started to do reps on my own. I when around a total of seven times before meeting up with a lady named Jenni and her little orange cat named George, not George was not interested in doing reps with us, he just walk off indifferent.  Jenni and I did another lap together and as soon as we got to the top sure enough here come the cyclist lot's of cyclist.   I want to say almost 30.   We got the lecture from the guy in change and whats amusing is it's clip on's this clip on that.  I don't have clip on's.   So yeah.  Actually I was not the only one there with out clip on's, there was a young man with a prosthetic leg. Total respect. 
So we did the 4 reps around the big hill and then we moved on to another hill I have never been too, a bit shorter, but still hard, so we all did about 5 times around in a circle.    
  Now I can tell you it nerve wracking  going fast around a corner at night.  I was really uneasy, a guy when by me from behind me and it was just a little to close for comfort.   So yeah I didn't like that part, and another thing is I could not see my speedometer so I could not tell how fast I was going.  When I got home my max speed was 27.2 mph.  Eeeeeee Where did I do that?????

I got another back light :) from Bike Dr Mike.  Good thing, because the other one the battery just died.  And it was so dark I really needed it.   After riding in circles in the dark well all went home.  I followed the group back the way they had come and it was the first time going back to the park that way, well I did not know about these huge rock right next to the path and caught my peddle on one....Yikes.  I dislodge it and it
tumbled out behind the bike, I think it was a large pumice stone, it just sounded like pumice.   So head back home it's dark and everyone light are enough to make out where were going.  Becky light is so bight I mistaken it for a shooting star.   I can still see it.  Well as soon as we go to the park I said by and when straight into darkness.  HOLY SHIT, it's then I realised how week my light was, I could not see anything.  Don't get me wrong I'm glad to have a light, but I was totally caught off guard.  So I dropped my speed and was riding very cautiously.   Now when there was street lights I could at least see,
but riding down El Monte Drive was pitch black.     Here I am making my way and out of the corner of my eye I see a slow moving orange thing moving on the other side of the Road.  Hubby?????   Who else would be riding with a orange shirt.    So I slowed down and called out, sure enough worried hubby to the rescue.  He totally freaked out because I was not home in a timely manner.   So my hubby rescued me from the night.  We road really slow home and when I got home he even had a meal waiting for me.    Pampered by hubby.  <3 
So tomorrow is Spin class with David.   

In other new I now know that this Window Paining season is going to be wild.  So I'm going to do my best to keep up with the cycling if I miss some, so be it the same goes for the NS Fitness.   What I plan to do after the money start rolling in.  MONEY BATH!!!!!!   No.   Reality take care of the important stuff then.  Get a new front tire.  Have my bent derailleur looked at and check out this bad ass Jersey.  RAWWWWW!    This is mine.  






No comments:

Post a Comment