Wednesday, May 10, 2017

13.34 milesn UHGGGG!

8 miles on the bike.  3 miles walking & 2 miles of careful riding.    Sign.............
All the rods were fine.  I did not do a fast ride to the 50'.   As soon as I turned the corner I heard the rod pop and was REALLY!!!!! OMG!!!   So yeah.  No 50.  :(      Well 8 miles is better than no miles.      Oh well.  :/      On to the next day.       In other news, on my walk home down town I almost saw a cyclist get creamed by a car.  He was not dressed up, just a college kid.   But he went straight and the truck speed up and turn in front of him.  Both put the breaks on and the guy on the bike was like meh, and kept riding on.  The guy in the truck was pissed and yelling at him.   And of course no helmet.   (rolling eyes) 
Really what is it with parents and kids on bike.  I see kids all the time head to toe with safety gear and the parents have zero.  I guess just too cool too wear helmets.     It's really idiotic.    When we first moved to Chico in 1989.   I remember seeing a mother riding her bike, no helmet and her toddler in the back with a helmet.   They were riding along side park cars and a door open up and it was really bad she hit it really hard and it sent her flying over the door and the baby stayed in the bike seat and fell with the bike.  Baby was just shaken up, a few scrapes, but fine.   Mother not so fine.     So lesson if you love and want to protect your children, be smart and protect your self first, because your their portector?      

No comments:

Post a Comment