Wednesday, May 17, 2017

32.94 ish MILES & the FUN 50.

 Hell or high water I was like I'm doing the 50.   The last time my rod broke and I was really bummed out.   This time I was like if a rod breaks I'm cycling crossing it.  Running the 50 with my bike on my back.   Now that would be a sight.     My speedometer magnet keeps turning up wards and around it died at 22 miles.   So 23 miles of the 50 and 4.97 twice going and coming from home. That about 32.94 ish miles.  This is why I only posted the Average speed and Max speed.   

The ride was great, but at the same time a little scary.  We were doing a double pace line and I was in front with the guy beside me and I thought we were turning, nope not turning, but letting the people behind us up front.  Thanks for the heads up.  So that was a bit scary, last thing I want to do is cause a crash.   So once I figured out the system I was fine.  
And now for the drag.  Holy Fish net stocking Bat man.  To be in front with that many people behind you yeah I could feel the drag, big time.   It wears you out faster, real fast.  When I got in the middle again I was like ahhhhh, that feel good to behind some one.        At one point people were doing a double pace line on a very busy rode, that was kind of iffy.    
My butt is getting use to the being on the bike nonstop, so that good.  But my left hand is taking all the brute force.  My pinky and ring finger are numb.   All around it was a great ride.




No comments:

Post a Comment