Friday, August 18, 2017

1 WEEK & 2 DAYS. HO HUM!

Well my break turned out to be a little longer than expected,  no big deal.  I'm not upset at all.  Some stuff came up that is important to us and we've been wanting to do for a long time.   Hubby is going back to College this Monday so tomorrow were going to take a day trip to the coast to take a deep breath, before he is neck deep in the college life.   So yeah I can be off the bike a little longer.  But as soon as we get back yeah I'm getting back to riding.    And I'm getting my cycling jersey back.  Yaaaaa!!!!  And I also got new cycling gloves with out fingers, so I can grab things and keep my finger from sweating like crazy. 
Now I know for a fact I'm going to drive everyone nuts NVT's Nuts,  (if you seen History of the World by Mel Brooks you'll get the joke, if not rent the movie.)  Well what did I do.  Well first I did a little research into what causes a Hot Spot on your foot.  And I am deciding to go with Reef Walks.......yeah I can hear you over the computer. reef what?   No not clip on's...Reef walker.  
There flexible, quick dying have a hell of a grip and are non slip.   They keep your feet cool and because their flexible you don't smash the crap out of your, Abductor hallucis and Flexor haullucis brevis muscle.   When wearing stiff shoes and clip on's people smash the crap out of this part of your foot and that is what causes hot spot.   To keep your feet cool and the shoe flexible reduces hot spots.    When I did 100 miles the two time I did not have any problems with hot spot's because my dud's I was wearing had flexible soles.  I'm not a expert at this, but I want to go with my gut feeling and my gut is telling me Reef walkers.     As for going 20% to 30% faster and more efficient, I just want to ride and be happy were I am when I'm riding.       If I try the reef walkers and they don't work out oh well I'll try something else.     And has any one notice that I have Mountain bike peddles on a road bike.     I think a few people have.    I'm a free range cyclist.   LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment