Monday, August 21, 2017

12.1 MILES & NOT YET!

 I know if you wear clip on's your making a squeamish face, kind of like below.  Yes I'm wearing reef walkers, yes their blue and yes I'm digging them.   I only did a very short ride today was (not yet) feeling up to pare.   Had a head ache earlier in the day and my stomach is still recovering from the 2 day eating out bender we did.   I'm paying for it.   
As for a 12.1 mile ride with the reefers.  My feet were really and airy.  That felt really nice.   Their a bit different, but the true test will be ride further with them on.  

OMG! she wear those hideous things in public while riding a road bike.  And her road bike has mountain bike peddles?  Ewwwwwwww.    








YES!   Now I can hold on to stuff.   My other gloves are winter gloves and wearing winter gloves in summer.  Bleh.   

Well now, even with taking a week and two day off I just realize I have already beat my mileage for last year which was 204 miles.   I'm at 265.1 miles.   So that was easy.   I have 10 more day of riding let see what happens.  

 Stretch----- Stretch---Streach--- just trying get ready for the next hill climb.  

On our trip to to coast I was analyzing the whole road hills, curbs and what not.  It would be a great one way challenge, but the more I thought about it the more I was like maybe not.  Some areas are so narrow and the cars go to fast, and the last 35 miles to the coast is not a good place to be on a bike.     We came around a corner to a very sad situation.  Mind you the road were on is 35 miles of hair pin and tight turns, this is no place to be speeding.  Two cars who were speeding had impacted so hard it was made our stomachs turn to see two cars like that mangled.    One was upside down on the side and one was in the ravine.   It look like it just happened maybe with in minutes of us showing up.  Their was just enough room for us to pass.  We can just hope every one was ok.        So another reason not to bike to the coast.   

However I would love to take the bike to the coast and ride down the coast that would be fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment