Thursday, August 24, 2017

50 MILES OF SUFFERING.

Rode with Chris E today.  And dang she's hard core when it come to training.  Mind you that's not a bad thing. A good day is a sore day.   She keeps telling me I got to earn my plate and she making me work really hard to earn every piece of what's on my plate.  I had no idea that I was going to do 50 miles today on top of doing 33.3 miles 32.1 miles & 12.1 miles all in four day.  127.5 miles in all.   You could say my legs are on fire.   Burn baby burn.  
We road up Cohasset.  I think I was shy from the narrows by maybe a half mile, when Chris E road back down she wanted me to follow so I did.    I beat my speed record for going down hill.  I did 36.4 miles an hour.  Yikes.  We then
headed down Keefer Rd to Anita Road.   And that when I bonked.  Not a hard core bonk, but my stomach was knotting up and I was feeling really super fatigued.   But like I said not enough to get off the bike.  So we headed home.    I think if I stayed out their I would have Bonked really hard.   Thank you so much for the coffee gel Chris E.  It was a life saver.


 On Keefer Road we met a really nice lady who lets us get water.   OMG so thankful for her kindness.  

If you ride always keep in the back of your mind it's not always car's you have to watch out for.  On our ride out Chris E has a too close for comfort call with a hipster cyclist riding very fast in the wrong direction.   Then while riding (in the bike lane)  a car pull out in front of her.  Yikes not good.   I had a close call on Keefer on the way back.  I was going 13 miles an hour and a car going fast came up beside me and cut right in front of me to turn like I was not there.  Um yeah.


On the way home near I had a flat.  And I still have a lot to learn.  So I removed the tire, and let the rest of the air out.  Then stared to pinch the tire inward.   And then out of the blue a guy shows up on a bike who is friend with Chris E.   And turns out not any guy.  Not only is he a retired bike mechanic.  He was a exclusive mechanic for a women Tour De France Rider.   WOW!   This is the closes to the Tour De France that I'm going to get.  So like I said WOW!    He was super nice and fixed my flat and the next thing you know he had my bike hanging from a tree.  LOL  The three had the perfect short branch for hanging the bike like you would in a shop.   He worked my bike over and adjusted everything on it.   Now I'm usually very protective over my bike and won't let anyone ride it.   He is the first person to ride my bike to make sure every thing was fine.  It was kind of weird seeing my bike ride away from me with someone else riding it.   He even worked on Chris E bike too, yeah and her bike was in the tree too.     I also learned that he the one the gave the owner of Sports LTD the inspiration to open a bike shop.   And guess who drove by and waved.  The owner of the Sport LTD.  I wonder if I should have stayed on that spot any longer.   Just saying.      


Another thing I learned is I have burn marks on my break pads.   eeeeeeee  

NOT    RIDING   TOMORROW!   NO IF & OR BUT'S!    NOT! NO!


                                                                                   














No comments:

Post a Comment