Friday, January 12, 2018

40 MILES & A ASS WHOOPING TO PARADISE!

 Whooly Molly Guacamole!   Ass whooping ensued!  My first up hill bike ride in a long time.
My legs were on fire. This was a hard ride, and the fact I was hacking still, didn't make it any better.  But I still did it
The last time I did my speedometer did conked out, so this is time is from the last time I rode with the WOW group to Paradise.
40 miles.
3 hours 16 minutes
12.8 average speed.
A little bit better than 11.9 for my average speed.  
Did I get dropped?  Yeah you could say that, I got dropped so bad I was not even able to make it to coffee with the group.
As I huff and puffed my way up the last part to sky way I was warmly greeted by Billie.  Who now is my mom.  When we got to the park I took a short break and she was like put your jacket back on.   Don't mess Billie, if she tell you to do something do it.  You will suffer her wrath.  :)  So I listen to mom and put my jacket back on.  And it's a good thing I did, the ride down Neal Rd was so so cold. There was also a side wind pushing the bikes sideways.  
So yeah we were slow, but hell Billie and I rocked, we both did it.   On the way down we had one incident that was kind of scary.   Mind you we were on the shoulder of the road.  A car decided to cut it close in front of a on coming car.  And the person in the on coming car honked at us. (???)  Get real a hole we were not in the road at all.    The rest of the ride was pretty much fine.
We made a small stop by the Torres shelter were Billie did some paper work, then we headed off to Hass Beans coffee.   For a much needed break.  
I was like there is no way they are still at Bidwell perk. 



No comments:

Post a Comment