Wednesday, January 31, 2018

50 MILES (BLEH) & THE PASKENT BLUES.



Bleh really bleh...  I really had to drag my self out on the bike today and push my self again. 
 Riding while feeling Bleh is not fun.  Usually it take me getting past 7 to 8 mile to start feeling good.  It took me getting past 30 miles I felt a little better.  And I pushed my self hard again.  I need to know how far I can go if I'm feeling bleh.  And I did several hard sprints during the ride.  At 50 I'm tired, but not beat.  I could keep going.   But riding in the dark is not my thing.

It was nice to see happy cyclist on the path to day. 

Well I made up my mind today, with great disappointment I will not be doing the Paskenta ride.  :(    
Even if I could find some to drive behind me, who in there right mind what to sit in a car for over 9 hour and wait for me.   So that's, that.  Move on.   Am I super disappointed, Yes!   All the build up for nothing.  
I'm not going to fight hubby, he's right.  If I have a emergency out in the middle of no where and the phone reception fails, I'm (F-U-C-K-E-D).  No one is going to come back for me.  

So like every thing else I'll have to bring the ride to the park.  The Bidwell Paskenta Classic 100.  
 It's the secret training ride no one know about.  Only me.   LOL   You have to have circular logic to ride the route.


On 12/14/2017 Riding 50 miles through the park and on that day I was feeling great.
50 miles                Today  50 miles
3:46                                   3:30
13.5 average                      14.4 average
 22.8 max                           26.6 max

Dang for not even feeling good I got a bit faster.

I'm really hoping that by doing the long rides I can jump start my mood and get into a better on.  Because I'm in sloth mode and it's so hard to do anything.  But hell with all that said I can still ride 50 miles.



No comments:

Post a Comment