Wednesday, January 17, 2018

51 MILES,WOW & A GREAT DAY FOGGY DAY!

 Awesome ride today with the women of WOW! There was a total of 7 women, but I opted to stay back with the cooler group.  We only when a tad bit further than the museum.  I'm so rusty on going up hill.  :(     3 of us stayed back, while the other 4 zoomed 2 miles up the paradise rode, back down then up to Centerville.
Now I looked at the weather and it stated the fog would burn off and it would be a nice sunny and warm day.   So I dressed light with no jacket expecting warmer weather.  Nope! It was fricken cold.   As we got to the entrance of Honey Run the Fog cleared and it was starting to get warm.  I'm like ya!   So it was very nice all the way to the museum.   Little did I know that the fog had traveled right behind us all the way into the valley.

My new bike back, with banana holder.

The ride up was so beautiful.   And man were the frog singing up a storm.   Even spotted a few turtles hanging out on a old tree stump.  And yeah there were vultures too, they were eyeing us and singing "Food Glorious Food" (Ice Age II).   I tried to get Kathryn Haas out in front of us.  Vultures like the ones who ride in front there meatier.  ;)  

Taking a break at the covered bridge.
   

 The Wild women of WOW.  Were waiting for the rest of the riders.
 Fog moves in so fast.    On the way back car did the same thing to us that happen down Neil Rd.   Expect this time the road is even narrower.  I just don't get it.   We also got past by a motorcycle who zoomed by us, nothing exciting about that, but as he went up and over the hill in front of us there was a group of vultures on the road, that could have made him crash.   When I was in Yuba City painting I heard that one of my stores window washers was riding his motorcycle along the Sutter Buttes came around a blind corner and hit a group of vultures in the road, it knocked him off his motorcycle and landed him in the hospital for a month.   Ouch.

After a good 31 miles ride we headed to Bellachinos for yummy coffee.  mmmmmm coffee.     
After coffee I headed home as fast as I could OMG was is cold.   But when I got home I felt fine, like I could go on another ride.   I took a break, ate and did some stuff with hubby then when I got back added to my 31 miles.  It felt really good.   Now just need to work on hill climbing. 




No comments:

Post a Comment