Tuesday, September 4, 2018

40.87 MILES & HAVING FUN

 I'm on a roll and each day is getting better and better.   Decided to wear my Cookie Monster Jersey.  It's not that I didn't like it, but wearing it every day was getting really old.  Now I have choices and lot's of  Jerseys to wear, Thanks to my Critters.

Was a bit sad today, because the Air Port Criterium is over with.  
 OH WOW! Look what I found.  I just sat down and starting eating them hand fulls over hand fulls.  LOL NO!   God No! 

I think there snow berries and snow berries are edible.  But as a forager I also know that a lot of edible berries and what not have similar looking species that can make you very sick.  For instant people get Elderberries confused for Poke Berries.  Elderberries are poisonous until cooked right, Poke berries are toxic.    So time to do some digging and make sure these are what they are.


 Taking a break.

 Weeds I think not.   Diverse Ecosystem. Yes.   Just sit down next to your weeds and you'll see a vast array of insects and other crawlies.    There was a damsel fly working over the bush looking for edible smaller insects.  A damsel fly is a smaller version of a dragon fly. 
 I knocked and no one was home.  LOL
I wonder who creeps in an out of this mouse hole at night. 

I was kind of sad to see it like this, that last time I saw it, it was more whimsical with the vines growing around the hole.





No comments:

Post a Comment